Thursday 30 June 2016

DON QUIXOTE- A REVIEW

Many thanks to Stockton reading challenge which made me revisit my childhood memories and read a novel which I devoured as a child. I still remember frantically searching for books that I could read among the heap of old newspaper at the paper recycling shop during my school days. I got all excited when I found this amazing novel mainly because of its reputation during the time of revolution (We were reading all about the revolution, Cervantes’s Don Quixote and Dante’s Divine Comedy at school and I could boast that I read one of them!!) It didn’t fail to live up to my expectation then and it didn’t fail now either.


It’s amazing, how a person could create such unique characters. Knight and the Squire who are made for each other with their lively conversations. It’s hard not to be respectful of the Knight, Don Quixote de la Mancha, Knight of the Lions, formerly known as Knight of the Long face. Mad yet polite, Brave yet humorous... The novel, although written 400 years ago, still feels fresh as grass, and so relevant. There is the right dose of Courage, insanity, humour, heart-warming nobility and striking reality. I thoroughly enjoyed the read. Long live the knight errant! Long live the Squire!! And long live Cervantes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment